About Basic dumbbell curl
Basic dumbbell curl for biceps is isolating and pulling naturally exercise affected two-headed Biceps muscles.Movement offers conditions for diverse performance, according to the functional or visual purposes, according to the training. This exercise is suitable for all practitioners.
Hands folded in elbows, and movement in the shoulders and shoulder girdle is limited. Wrists may be removable or fixed according to the accent. In isolated variants should be limited in the elbows, as other joints remain motionless. You can do the exercise with one or two hands, with different body positions many grips and hand positions.
In the case of existing injuries in shoulders, shoulder girdle, elbows or wrists, follow with light weight and caution. If you have back problems, use the option of seat with back support.
- Biceps (Biceps brachil)
- Deltoid, Anterior
- Wrist flexors
- Trapezius upper and middle
- Levator scapulae
- Rectus abdominis
- Obliques ( in unilaterally implementing )
- Erector spinae
- Gluteus maximus ( on standing )
- Quadriceps ( on standing and sitting without support back )
- Gastrocnemius - ( on standing )
- Pectoralis major
According to the position of the body
- Folding in upright position - Classic powertrain option, allowing the use of cheating and all accents grip and consistency. Committed the largest number of stabilizing muscles during the performance.
- Folding in sitting position - Reduces the need to stabilize the body from the waist down. Leaving limited opportunities for cheating. Allows all types of folding, with the exception of the cross.
- Folding in sitting position with back support - Lift the load stabilizers in the torso. Not recommended for combining with cheating approach.
- Others - Are possible and more specific positions, such as bending inclined seat from front inclined bench press and so on.
Variations according to the type and width of grip and highlights
- Neutral (parallel) grip - Long head dominate, featuring the Brachialis and the Brachioradialis significant.
- Semi-supinated grip ( latches show slightly diagonally outwards ) - Reduces the role of synergists, distributes the load evenly between the two heads.
- Supinated grip ( hands pointing in one direction ) - The emphasis is on short head (inside).
* Prone grip is not included, since pronation (palm to the floor) forearm and brachial take too much load and get tired quickly. This prevents efficient insulation of external Biceps heads due to lower threshold in the labor burden.
- Neutral to semi-supinated grip - Both heads together provide starting power. Foreign heads are in a better position in the lower section and the interior in the upper. This Dynamic grip allows the highest degree of efficiency of all listed below. Power grip.
- Neutral to supinated grid - Requires slower performance. Predisposes to a higher tone. A great choice in a series of strength endurance and stamina.
- Neutral to semi-prone grip - focusing on long head (outside).
- Semi-supinated to supinated grip - focusing on short head (inside)
According to the focus, ie according to the position elbow-wrist
- No impact on focus - parallel and fixed to the body wrists and elbows. The position of the hand, ie grip can affect accented, though joint available to predispose it. Base position, which predisposes to power and efficiency of folding.
- Inside heads (short head) - wrists more out of elbows, all the joints are fixed. This open position predisposes the inner Biceps heads to take most of the load placed outside because at a disadvantage. supinated grip would end the isolation.
- Foreign heads (long head) - wrists farther from the elbow, all the joints are fixed. This position is closed and prevents the inner Biceps heads to realize their potential. So foreign heads dominate flexion. Parallel grip would end the isolation.
Variations according to the sequence
- Unilaterally - series with one hand, then set with the other hand. Allows better concentration on focus. Advanced technique.
- Bilateral simultaneous - both folding with both hands. Allows lift more weight. Power technique.
- Bilateral sequentially - alternating repetition of one and then repeat with the other hand. It allows to raise the greater weight for a series. Delays the onset of fatigue. Proper technique in volume endurance and also at beginners, as no splits attention.
Method of implementation
- Take dumbbells and take your starting position with arms extended vertically.
- Fix the shoulders, elbows. Tighten the muscles of the torso.
- Slowly bend your arms without separate your elbows, keeping armpits vertical.
- After complete folding of the hands slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat until the end of the series.
- Do not move the elbows, unless you want to help the movement with his shoulders.
- Do not bend the spine and twist your body while lifting.
Basic dumbbell curl is an exercise which you can increase muscle mass in your biceps, to emphasize the individual chapters and to improve stabilization of the your shoulder girdle.
In fitness and bodybuilding split workouts you can run it at the beginning of the workout for Biceps as first or second exercise. Place of folding Biceps with dumbbells highly depends on how it is implemented, ie if you run short, heavy and power, or looking long inflatable series. Presence or Absence of accents in motion and grip are also important.