Barbell Curl is basic, isolated, pulling exercise for Biceps. It is a folding of the arms at the elbows, as other joints remain motionless. Various types of levers, each of which imparts characteristics of the implementation.
The exercise is suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced fitness and bodybuilding enthusiasts. Trainees, in order to condition and tone, can reap functional benefits of its inclusion in their own program. It is important for beginners to remember that the burden should be increased only when the technique is finished with a lower burden.
Trainees which have injuries in the shoulders, shoulder girdle, elbows, wrists, forearms and waist should perform the exercise with caution. People with disc hernia can fulfill the exercise leaning against a wall.
- Biceps brachii
- Brachialis anticus
- Deltoid, Anterior
- Wrist flexors
- Trapezius upper and middle
- Levator scapulae
- Rectus abdominis
- Erector spinae
- Gluteus maximus
- Pectoralis major
Folding according to type of grip the width of grip and the handle
- With broach - loaded flexors of forearms, accented on the internal heads.
- With semi-supinated grip with EZ lever - power grip, includes more brachial.
- In parallel grip - power grip, includes a large extent of the brachial and brahioradialistite.
- With narrow grip - elbows are wider than the wrists, the focus is on the external heads.
- With shoulder grip - elbows and wrists in a same wide, this is the perfect width for power performances. No specific focus, the load is evenly distributed.
- With a wide grip - elbows are farther from the wrists. Clear focus on internal heads.
- With Dynamic grip - there are many different combinations.
Method of implementation
- Load lever with the desired weight, put the clamps.
- Pull the lever from the stand with whole body, lean forward slightly and tighten the abdomen.
- The legs are dissolved and firmly on the floor. Gently pull the shoulders back and squeeze your shoulder blades into each other, so it will not allow free movement of the shoulders forward.
- Slowly bend your arms, without changing the position of the elbows, keeping your armpits vertical.
- After complete folding of the arms at the elbows, slowly return them to the starting position.
- Repete untill the completion of the series.
- Fold in the elbows, as you seek to move as less as possible spine, shoulders and shoulder girdle.
- Do not stray the lever from the line of your body, remember that you are folding and not lifting!
- If you choose to use false movements, consider what type of cheating to use: max pelvis, assist with spine (max back), shoulder rotation and / or squat to overcome the critical point. Train cheating movements with light weights, do not try to learn them the hard way, ie by trial and error.
- Expand completelly, unless you are looking for partial executions.
Barbell Curl is a basic exercise for Biceps, so it is almost always present in the fitness and bodybuilding training schemes lovers. Usually between two separate programs, trainees change its variants (grips). Rarely found for it to be removed from the top spot in favor of folding Biceps with dumbbells or Biceps folding bottom pulley.
In power-conditioning methodologies Barbell Curl is often seen as the only sufficient isolation exercise for the biceps. In power-conditioning training schemes similar type insulating movements of small muscle groups have a secondary character. Site Barbell Curl as your last exercise.